WebKitGTK+ Security Advisory WSA-2017-0005
Date Reported: June 21, 2017
Advisory ID: WSA-2017-0005
Several vulnerabilities were discovered in WebKitGTK+.
- Versions affected: WebKitGTK+ before 2.16.4.
- Credit to Richard Zhu (fluorescence) working with Trend Micro’s Zero Day Initiative.
- Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution. Description: Multiple memory corruption issues were addressed with improved memory handling.
- Versions affected: WebKitGTK+ before 2.16.0.
- Credit to Paul Thomson (using the GLFuzz tool) of the Multicore Programming Group, Imperial College London.
- Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may result in the disclosure of process memory. Description: An information disclosure issue existed in the processing of OpenGL shaders. This issue was addressed through improved memory management.
We recommend updating to the last stable version of WebKitGTK+. It is the best way of ensuring that you are running a safe version of WebKitGTK+. Please check our website for information about the last stable releases.
Further information about WebKitGTK+ Security Advisories can be found at: https://webkitgtk.org/security.html