WebKitGTK 2.40.1 released!
This is the first bug fix release in the stable 2.40 series.
What’s new in the WebKitGTK 2.40.1 release?
- The Bubblewrap sandbox no longer requires setting an application identifier via GApplication to operate correctly. Using GApplication is still recommended, but optional.
- Adjust the scrolling speed for mouse wheels to make it feel more natural.
- Allow pasting content using the Asynchronous Clipboard API when the origin is the same as the clipboard contents.
- Improvements to the GStreamer multimedia playback, in particular around MSE, WebRTC, and seeking.
- Make all supported image types appear in the Accept HTTP header.
- Fix text caret blinking when blinking is disabled in the GTK settings.
- Fix default database quota size definition.
- Fix application of all caps tags listed in the font-feature-settings CSS property.
- Fix the build with journald support enabled when using elogind instead of the systemd libraries.
- Fix the build when libgcrypt provides a libgcrypt-config script instead of a pkg-config module file.
- Fix font height calculations for the font-size-adjust CSS property.
- Fix the build when ccache is used in certain setups.
- Fix the build for RISC-V 64-bit targets.
- Fix the build with GCC 13.
- Fix several crashes and rendering issues.
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.