WebKitGTK 2.38.6 released!
This is a bug fix release in the stable 2.38 series.
What’s new in the WebKitGTK 2.38.6 release?
- Enable the Asynchronous Clipboard API to make certain pages work (e.g. GithHub started recently requiring it).
- Support :has() CSS selectors in content filters.
- Apply basic font properties as font variation settings.
- The Bubblewrap sandbox no longer requires setting an application identifier via GApplication to operate correctly. Using GApplication is still recommended, but optional.
- Improvements to the GStreamer multimedia playback, in particular around MSE, WebRTC, and seeking.
- Fix the build with journald support enabled when using elogind instead of the systemd libraries.
- Fix the build with Link-Time Optimization enabled (-flto=auto).
- Fix context menus not working in the remote Web Inspector.
- Fix usage of the remote Web Inspector over HTTP.
- Fix debug logs not being emitted in release builds.
- Fix several crashes and rendering issues.
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.