WebKitGTK 2.40.0 released!
This is the first stable release in the 2.40 series.
Highlights of the WebKitGTK 2.40.0 release
- New GTK4 API is now stable.
- Use ANGLE for WebGL implementation and enable WebGL2.
- Prefer EGL over X11, intead of GLX, where available.
- Add support for speech synthesis using Flite.
- Enable the async clipboard API.
- Add API to query the permission state of web features.
- Add API to support asynchronously returning values from user script messages.
- Make it possible to handle WebKitDownload::decide-destination signal asynchronously.
- Make webkit://gpu output exportable as JSON.
- Fix large memory allocation when uploading content.
For more details about all the changes included in WebKitGTK 2.40 see the NEWS file that is included in the tarball.
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.