WebKitGTK 2.36.3 released!
This is a bug fix release in the stable 2.36 series.
What’s new in the WebKitGTK 2.36.3 release?
- Support capturing already encoded video streams, which takes advantage of encoding done in hardware by devices which support this feature.
- Avoid using experimental GStreamer elements for video demuxing.
- Avoid using the legacy GStreamer VA-API decoding plug-ins, which often
cause rendering issues and are not much maintained. Their usage can be
WEBKIT_GST_ENABLE_LEGACY_VAAPI=1in the environment.
- Fix playback of YouTube streams which use dynamic ad insertion.
- Fix display capture with Pipewire.
- Fix the build without the X11 target when X11 headers are not present.
- Fix several crashes and rendering issues.
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.