WebKitGTK 2.26.0 released!
This is the first stable release in the 2.26 series.
Highlights of the WebKitGTK 2.26.0 release
- Add support for subprocess sandboxing.
- Add support for HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security).
- Use libwpe with fdo backend to implement accelerated compositing under wayland.
- Remove support for GTK2 NPAPI plugins.
- Add support for datalist element in text input fields.
- Show the emoji chooser popover for editable content.
- Improve rendering of form controls when GTK theme is dark.
- Fix rendering artifacts in youtube volume button and github comment box.
- Single process model has been deprecated for security reasons.
For more details about all the changes included in WebKitGTK 2.26 see the NEWS file that is included in the tarball.
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.