WebKitGTK+ 2.16.0 released!
This is the first stable release in the 2.16 series.
Highlights of the WebKitGTK+ 2.16.0 release
- Hardware acceleration is now enabled on demand to drastically reduce memory consumption.
- CSS Grid Layout is enabled by default.
- New WebKitSetting to set the hardware acceleration policy.
- UI process API to configure network proxy settings.
- Improved private browsing by adding new API to create ephemeral web views.
- New API to handle website data.
- Debug tools: memory sampler and resource usage overlay
For more details about all the changes included in WebKitGTK+ 2.16 see the NEWS file that is included in the tarball, or see:
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.