WebKitGTK+ 2.14.4 released!
This is a bug fix release in the stable 2.14 series.
What’s new in the WebKitGTK+ 2.14.4 release?
- Make accelerating compositing mode on-demand again. By default it will only be used for websites that require it, saving a lot of memory on websites that don’t need it.
- Fix rendering issues in long documents with transparent background.
- Release unused UpdateAtlas and reduce the tile coverage on memory pressure.
- The media backend now stores preloaded media in /var/tmp instead of user cache dir.
- Make inspector work again when accelerated compositing support is disabled.
- Fix a deadlock when the media player is destroyed.
- Fix network process crashes when loading custom URI schemes.
- Fix overlay scrollbars that are over a subframe.
- Fix a crash in GraphicsContext3D::drawArrays when using OpenGL 3.2 core profile.
- Fix BadDamage X errors happening when resizing the WebView.
- Fix several crashes and rendering issues.
- Security fixes: CVE-2017-2365, CVE-2017-2366, CVE-2017-2373, CVE-2017-2363, CVE-2017-2362, CVE-2017-2350, CVE-2017-2350, CVE-2017-2354, CVE-2017-2355, CVE-2017-2356, CVE-2017-2371, CVE-2017-2364, CVE-2017-2369.
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.