WebKitGTK+ 2.15.4 released!
This is a development release leading toward 2.16 series.
What’s new in the WebKitGTK+ 2.15.4 release?
- Make accelerating compositing mode on-demand again. By default it will only be used for websites that require it, saving a lot of memory on websites that don’t need it.
- Add API to manage hardware acceleration policy.
- Enable CSS Grid Layout by default.
- Add API to create ephemeral WebViews to replace the legacy private browsing setting that is now deprecated.
- Handle HTTP authentication for downloads having a WebView associated.
- Add API to WebKitWebsiteDataManager to handle websites data.
- Fix BadDamage X errors happening when resizing the WebView.
- Fix several crashes and rendering issues.
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.