WebKitGTK+ 2.11.3 released!
This is a development release leading toward 2.12 series.
What’s new in the WebKitGTK+ 2.11.3 release?
- NetworkProcess is now used unconditionally. The shared secondary process model is now the same as using the multiple process model and setting a process limit of 1.
- Disable DNS prefetch when a proxy is configured.
- Reduce the maximum simultaneous network connections to match other browsers.
- Extend notifications API to notify WebKit when a notification is clicked by the user.
- Add new API to save and restore a WebView session.
- Add Web Extensions API to be notified about console messages.
- Add WebKitURIRequest API to get the HTTP method.
- Add API to handle beforeunload events.
- Make WebKitWebView always propagate motion-notify-event signal.
- Add a way to force accelerating compositing mode at runtime using an environment variable.
- Fix input elements and scrollbars rendering with GTK+ 3.19.
- Fix a crash in the UI process when the WebView is destroyed while the screensaver DBus proxy is being created.
- Fix a WebProcess crash when loading large contents with custom URI schemes API.
- Fix UI process crashes related to not having a main resource response when the load is committed for pages restored from the history cache.
- Translation updates: French, German, Turkish
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.