WebKitGTK+ 2.7.90 released!
This is a development release leading toward 2.8 series.
What’s new in the WebKitGTK+ 2.7.90 release?
- Use the new memory allocator bmalloc instead of TCMalloc which drastically improves the overall performance.
- Remove WebKitWebView::close-notification signal and add WebKitNotification::closed instead.
- Implement support for new AtkRole types for MathML.
- Add support for input color type.
- Add API to allow overriding the default color chooser implementation.
- Resize the accelerating compositing window to a minimum size again after leaving accelerated compositing mode to save memory.
- Ensure WebKitFrame objects are released when the frame is destroyed.
- Clear the GObject DOM bindings internal cache when frames are destroyed.
- Implement page overlays to bring back the inspector element highlighting.
- Fix startup runtime critical warnings when using the network process.
- Fix the build with recent versions of GLib that have GMutexLocker.
- Fix the gtk-doc generation to appear in DevHelp.
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.