WebKitGTK+ 2.6.0 released!
This is the first stable release in the 2.6 series.
Highlights of the WebKitGTK+ 2.6.0 release
- WebKit1 API has been removed.
- Switch to CMake build system.
- Binary version bump to make WebKit1 and WebKit2 parallel installable.
- Several API changes.
- The DOM bindings API has been split into stable and unstable parts.
- Support for browser plugins using GTK+3, leaving the GTK+2 dependency optional for building a plugin process with support for GTK+2 plugins.
- HighDPI support for non-accelerated compositing contents.
- Dynamic user agent string depending on the site.
- User scripts API.
For more details about all the changes included in WebKitGTK+ 2.6 see the NEWS file that is included in the tarball.
For more information about the API changes see:
For more information about the GTK+3 plugins see:
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.